2023 Archives Awareness Week News
Archives Awareness Week will be April 3 to April 6, 2023 - “Step into your community”
This year’s Archives Awareness Week (AAW) will be held from April 3 to April 6, 2023! The theme this year, “Step into your community”, will be a warmup for the upcoming conference!
As part of AWW, we are bringing back our featured Instagram vignettes from you! On Thursday, April 6, 2023, the AAO will publish a series of short vignettes submitted by membership via our Instagram account. We are asking volunteers to submit recorded (sound and video) answers to any or all of the following questions. Examples from your collections will be encouraged!
If you would like to participate in the AAW vignette event, please contact Tiffany Ribeiro at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to March 21, 2023, so we can coordinate the recording and sharing of your vignette. Space is limited!
- Tell us about a unique outreach initiative your archive has been working on?
- Tell us about a new partnership within your archive.
- How are you engaging with your community?
- What is a document, photograph, recording, or item that sparks more questions than answers?
- Tell us about an archival surprise, something unexpected!
- What is the strangest thing that you have discovered in your collection?
- What archival process or specific record in your collection keeps you up at night?
As per tradition, the AAO will be hosting a Twitter Takeover event. On Monday, April 3, 2023, a roster of guest archivists will take over the AAO Twitter account @AAO_tweet to answer your questions and comments related to work in the archives. If you would like to participate, please contact email@example.com by March 21, 2023, to book a one hour slot! Teams are welcome! Hurry - space is very limited this year!
We encourage members to program events and engage in social media initiatives. If you would like us to promote your own AAW event please let us know prior to March 21, 2023 so that we can include it in next month’s Original Order of Things newsletter.
Tweeting about events? Use the #2023AAW hashtag!