Submitting a Nomination
In order to nominate someone for one of the awards, please review the nomination criteria and procedures before completing and submitting the nomination form. The form, which should be used for all five awards, along with the criteria and procedures can be found below.
An AAO member in good standing must sign the nomination form. It must be accompanied by a narrative (maximum one thousand words) explaining the reasons for the nomination. Additional documentation—including résumé, clippings, publications, etc.—is strongly encouraged but not required. An electronic version of the nomination package must be received by the chair prior to the deadline, with original documentation mailed upon request.
Nominations should be submitted to the chair of the Awards Committee, Rodney Carter, via email at email@example.com. The nominations deadline is 8 April 2022.
Awards Nomination Form
Awards Nomination Criteria
- Nominations are open for individuals, institutions, and corporations that have made significant contributions to the archival community in Ontario.
- Current board members, Awards Committee members, or employees of the AAO are not eligible.
- A nomination will stand for three years of eligibility.
- The nominee is not required to be an AAO member.
- A nomination must be received prior to the application deadline unless agreed upon in advance by a unanimous decision of the Awards Committee. Extensions will be granted under extenuating circumstances only.
- If the Awards Committee determines that an otherwise valid nomination has not been submitted under the appropriate category, the committee has the authority to reassign the nomination to another category. In such cases the chair shall inform the nominator of the change.