TItle: Image Digitization
When: January 24, 2018, 9am-4pm
Instructor: Chris Gonzaga, City of Toronto Archives
Minimum/maximum participants: 10 minimum and 20 maximum
Cost: $100 (student AAO member); $150 (AAO member); $240 (non-member)
AAO-PDC facilitator: Emily Tyschenko
Other: Refreshments will be provided but participants will are responsible for their own lunch.
This workshop will provide an introduction to essential concepts and techniques used in the digitization of archival records. Participants will learn practical steps for creating digitization workflows and for implementing quality assurance and control standards. Through lecture and demonstration, participants will gain an understanding of digitization topics including:
- Digital imaging terminology
- Digitization hardware and software
- Industry best practices
- Colour management
- Workflow creation and image post-processing
Chris Gonzaga is a Digital Imaging Specialist at the City of Toronto Archives. After earning his BFA in photography at Ryerson University, he worked on several image digitization and database development projects. His extensive experience in photography and digital imaging is instrumental in developing the digitization program at the City of Toronto Archives, where presently he works on large-scale digitization projects of archival records.
The George Spragge Classroom at the Archives of Ontario (location: 1st floor near the main door and reception desk)134 Ian MacDonald Blvd, North York, ON M7A 2C5
- Cancellation by registrant up to one week prior to the event: Refund, less 20% cancellation charge to cover administration cost
- Cancellation by registrant one week to 48 hours to the event: Refund, less 50% cancellation charge to cover administration cost
- Cancellation by registrant less than 48 hours prior to the event: No refund
- Registrant did not attend event without any notification: No refund
- In situations where circumstances may have been unforeseen (e.g. death in the family, or hospitalization), a full refund will be offered, if a request is made in writing to the Professional Development Committee for their consideration via the AAO Office.
- All registrants MUST phone and/or email the AAO Office and inform staff they will not be attending a course that they are registered.