Title: Mat-Cutting and Mounting
Instructor: Jennifer Robertson, Art Conservator, Book and Paper Conservation Services (www.bookandpaperconservationservices.com)
Minimum/maximum participants: 5 minimum and 10 maximum
Cost: $120 (student AAO member); $170(AAO member); $260 (non-member) this is including a $20 supplies fee
AAO-PDC facilitator: Mary Kosta
Other: Light refreshments will be provided.
This workshop will teach the importance of proper matting and hinging for storage and display. Participants will learn how to measure and cut a backer board and mat using a mat cutter. They will also learn how to hinge an item to the mat using both Japanese tissue and mylar corners. Two types of mats will be demonstrated, as well as how to make a protective cover.
Jennifer Robertson obtained a Master of Art Conservation from Queen's University in Kingston, Ontario, in 2011. She also holds a BFA from The Nova Scotia College of Art and Design. She spent several years furthering her conservation training in the US and the UK, at The New York Academy of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University Libraries, The Smithsonian Institution Libraries, and The British Library, as well as the Canadian Conservation Institute and Library and Archives Canada.
- Cancellation by registrant up to one week prior to the event: Refund, less 20% cancellation charge to cover administrative cost
- Cancellation by registrant one week to 48 hours prior to the event: Refund, less 50% cancellation charge to cover administrative cost
- Cancellation by registrant less than 48 hours prior to the event: No refund
- Registrant did not attend event without any notification: No refund
- In situations where circumstances may have been unforeseen (e.g. death in the family, or hospitalization), a full refund will be offered, if a request is made in writing to the Professional Development Committee for their consideration via the AAO Office.
- All registrants MUST phone and/or email the AAO Office and inform staff they will not be attending a course that they are registered.
This event will be taking place at the D.B. Weldon Library in room 120. The library is located just off Western Road, between Lambton Drive and Elgin Drive. A campus map is located here. More information about parking is available here.