PLEASE NOTE: Unfortunately, this workshop has been cancelled.
This full-day workshop will address the foundation of planning and designing interpretive exhibitions that encourage visitors’ understanding, participation, and emotional engagement.
Topics include: managing the exhibition process, understanding visitors and their needs, leveraging your collections for storytelling, design tools, and exhibition evaluation.
Curatorial Interpretive planning
Dara Solomon is the Director of the UJA Federation’s Ontario Jewish Archives and the Executive Director of the Sarah and Chaim Neuberger Holocaust Education Centre. Dara has organized exhibits throughout Ontario pertaining to Jewish history and has worked on projects at various museums including the University of California, Berkeley Art Museum and the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art. Solomon holds a M.A. in Arts Administration and a B.A. in Religion and Art History.
- Cancellation by registrant up to one week prior to the event: Refund, less 20% cancellation charge to cover administrative cost
- Cancellation by registrant one week to 48 hours prior to the event: Refund, less 50% cancellation charge to cover administrative cost
- Cancellation by registrant less than 48 hours prior to the event: No refund
- Registrant did not attend event without any notification: No refund
- In situations where circumstances may have been unforeseen (e.g. death in the family, or hospitalization), a full refund will be offered, if a request is made in writing to the Professional Development Committee for their consideration via the AAO Office.
- All registrants MUST phone and/or email the AAO Office and inform staff they will not be attending a course that they are registered.