Call For Papers: Archives Association of Ontario (AAO) 2019 Conference
The Archives Association of Ontario (AAO) is pleased to announce its Call for Papers for the 2019 AAO Conference to be held 8-10 May in Belleville, Ontario.
Unlocking the Vaults: Access, Outreach & Engagement
In 2019 we invite archivists to show us how they are sharing their collections with the wider world. This might be by cutting through cataloguing backlogs, developing digitization and digital archives workflows, or by taking archives to community groups in innovative ways.
This is an opportunity to speak about successes – as well as the challenges faced – in promoting collections, expanding audiences, and fostering engagement with archives. We’d also like to hear about your instructive failures!
The AAO 2019 Program Committee invites proposals which touch on any aspect of the broad theme of improving access to archives.
Session topics may include:
- Providing access via digitization
- Innovative outreach activities
- Engagement with diverse user groups or emerging areas of research and scholarship
- Promoting archives through partnerships
- Strategies for reducing backlogs
Submissions of proposals for papers are invited.
The Program Committee will accept both individual submissions for papers as well as full session proposals for multiple speakers.
Full sessions are 1h15m in duration and may take the form of:
- Conventional sessions (formal presentation of papers; approximately 20 minutes per speaker, with questions to follow as time allows);
- Panel discussion (abbreviated presentation of papers; approximately 10-15 minutes per speaker, with discussion to follow);
- Roundtables (brief 5-7 minute presentations with open discussion); or
- Focused Debate on a specific topic (brief presentations with open discussion & debate to follow).
Full session proposals should include: name and contact information of all the presenters, along with a brief biography, a short session description (500 works, max) and a session abstract (suitable for use in the conference program, 150 words, max.).
Individual paper proposals should include your contact information, a brief biography and a short description of the paper (150 works, max)
Proposals should be sent to the AAO Office using this form.
The deadline to submit proposals is November 30, 2018.
If you have any questions, please contact the Program Committee Chair:
Archivist, RHSJ St. Joseph Region Archives, Kingston
The 2019 AAO Conference will include, depending on student interest / response, a Student Papers session and, possibly a Poster session. A separate call for submissions will be issued early 2019.