The Archives Association of Ontario is pleased to announce Archives Awareness Week 2020! This year’s event will run from Monday, April 6 to Sunday, April 12.
Online tools and technology have revolutionized the way archivists work, and we pay tribute to these new developments with this year’s Archives Awareness Week theme: “Archives Online”.
To help with planning, we've put together a kit with a few resources and questions to get you started.
The following are some questions and prompts to inspire you and get you thinking about how the online environment has influenced your work as an archivist. Feel free to use as many as you want, or come up with your own.
- What platforms and channels are you using to promote and provide access to your holdings?
- Are you planning or have you planned any online exhibits?
- How are you using social media at your institution?
- Do you have any online projects you would like to promote?
- Are you doing any digitization work at your institution? What are your users asking to be made available online?
- How have online capabilities improved your services? What have you accomplished or achieved?
Use our AAW posters to celebrate and promote your events. Share them online or post them around your institution to get the word out. You can find them on the AAO website here.
AAW Resource Page
AAO members also have access to the AAW Resource Page. Click here for more ideas and tips on how to plan and promote your events.
Do you have an AAW event planned at your institution that you want to highlight? Let us help you reach a wider audience! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will share your event on the AAO website.
Please reach out if you have any questions or comments, and don’t forget to use the #2020AAW hashtag. We can’t wait to see what you have in store!