- CCA sponsors a roundtable on “Archives and the Information Highway” in response to changing technology.
- CCA Information Highway Taskforce drafts “Raising CAIN: Building Canada’s Archival Information Highway.”
- Kent Haworth proposes an Ontario network to be online for the year 2000.
- AAO Board approves the creation of a 3-year Special Committee for the Archival Union List of Ontario (AULO).
- Loren Fantin is hired to conduct a feasibility survey.
- Feasibility survey results reveal that descriptive standards vary widely across Ontario’s archival institutions, and that institutions need description help and help converting to RAD. A pilot project is established.
- Loren Fantin is rehired as AULO Coordinator.
- “Archeion” wins the Name The Union List Contest.
- Derrick Clements is hired for database work.
- Archeion launches.
- Loren Fantin is Archeion Coordinator.
- Derrick Clements is Archeion Data Collection Archivist.
- Philippa Cummings, Archeion Outreach Archivist, joins the AAO on a short-term contract to provide regional assistance for contributions to Archeion.
- Marie-Josee Levesque takes over as Acting Archeion Coordinator during Loren Fantin’s maternity leave.
- Philippa Cummings assumes the role of Archeion Coordinator during Loren Fantin’s maternity leave.
- Loren Fantin returns to the role of Archeion Coordinator.
- Ontario Trillium Foundation funds a user study by Loren Fantin.
- Data Collection Archivist (Derrick Clements’) position is eliminated.
- Linda White is the Archeion Virtual Exhibit Coordinator.
- “Archeion Reactivation Project” / “Archeion Enhancement and Development Project” is funded by the Institutional Development Committee.
- Archeion is recognized as an essential programme of the AAO, not just a project.
- Loren Fantin steps down as Archeion Coordinator.
- Sharon White is hired as Archeion Project Archivist.
- Sharon White steps down as Archeion Coordinator.
- Amanda Hill is hired as Archeion Coordinator.
- Archeion moves to ICA-AtoM and multi-level descriptions and digital objects are available for the first time.
- Archeion moves to AtoM 2.0.
- Amanda Hill puts out the first Archeion training video.
- Emily Chicorli is hired as Archeion Assistant.
- Nioufar Ameli is hired to provide onsite training.
- Amanda Hill steps down as Archeion Coordinator.
- Lisa Snider is hired as Archeion Coordinator.
- The Archeion Committee is disbanded in favour of the Digital Access and Preservation Committee.
- Lisa Snider steps down as Archeion Coordinator.
- Jazmine Aldrich is hired as Archeion Coordinator.