Institutional Issues Forum - Agenda
Hosted by the AAO Institutional Development Committee
October 25, 2018 9:15 – 3:30
Archives of Ontario
134 Ian Macdonald Blvd
LAND ACKOWLEDGEMENT – FACEBOOK LIVE
9:15 – 9:45 Coffee and meet and greet (Coffee and light refreshments will be provided) (CATERING HAS BEEN ORDERED AND WILL BE DELIVERED AT 8:30.)
9:45 – 10:15 Welcome, Introduction and Board updates (PAUL HENRY AND JUANITA ROSSITER)
10:15 – 11:00 Collaboration in Archives
- General discussion about what this means for various AAO institutions, how they’ve met the challenge, what kind of support can be offered, etc. (SEAN SMITH - QUESTIONS)
- why aren't more people engaged in collaboration by joining AERN?
- collaboration through mentoring - would experienced archivists be interested in being a mentor to people not formally trained as an archivist but doing that role (i.e. volunteer in small community archive e.g. historical society).
- collaborating across professions – GLAM sector – what successes have individual institutions had in this area? Is this an area that the AAO should be exploring?
- reflections on ACA’s upcoming joint-conference with ARMA
- should we simply be looking at collaboration within our profession i.e corporate, government, university, etc.
- what kind of collaboration should we be encouraging to strengthen the community?
- collaborative acquisition – are we using the PAS in our operations? Are we engaged in its spirit? Discussions amongst Chapters.
- collaboration as it pertains to digital preservation.
11:00 – 12:00 Collaboration with records, technology, privacy, and access communities STEVE BILLINGTON (AO’s Recordkeeping Access and Privacy strategy), PAUL HENRY (BLOCK REVIEW)
12:00 – 1:00 Lunch(A variety of restaurants are available on the York University Campus for lunch.)
1:00 – 2:00 Digital preservation RYAN KIRKBY(GRANT HURLEY, HEATHER RYKMAN)
2:00 – 2:30 Indigenous issues (updates)
2:30-3:00 Accessibility issues (updates) / AERN (updates) (IONA McCRAITH)
3:00 – 3:30 Institutional Development Committee planning (PAUL HENRY)
- Provincial Acquisition Strategy (updates) (SEAN SMITH)
- 2018 Workplan (PAUL HENRY)