AAO Website Update

30 Jul 2014 10:24 PM | Danielle Robichaud
Hi everyone,

My name is Danielle Robichaud and I'm the AAO's new web administrator. For those of you who don't already know me, I work in Rare Books, Archival and Manuscript Collections at the University of St. Michael's College's John M. Kelly Library in Toronto. I come to the city by way of Ottawa, where I previously worked as a librarian with the federal government. The best way to reach me regarding AAO happenings is by email. You can also find me on Twitter @danielleganza.

As many of you already know, the AAO website has been in transition for quite some time and with the end of July quickly approaching, I wanted to send an update about the work being accomplished behind the scenes to get the site fully functional.

Website Migration

Over the past few weeks, Kelli Babcock, Becky Yaffa and myself have been working to move content from a Joomla-based website, to a new Wild Apricot-based site. While we've made a great deal of progress there hasn't been anything particularly snappy about the migration process. Despite it being 2014, we have to manually transfer every page using the decidedly un-2014 copy and paste method. The workflow isn't glamorous or speedy, but it IS very cost effective which I hope is something we can all agree is worthwhile!

Work Progress

The migration work has generally proceeded from the top down, with more recent and organizationally essential content being moved ahead of older legacy content. We already have the majority of the top and mid-level content in place and will be continuing to copy content over until everything has been migrated. The bulk of the remaining work consists of OTR back issues, Conference pages (including the posting of 2014 papers) and blog posts.

It's difficult to estimate how much longer it will take to get the legacy content in place, so if you are in immediate need of any content, please let me know and we will do our best to have it moved over ASAP.

Admin Access & Web Site Editing

All staff, board, chapter heads and committee chairs will be granted admin access and privileges to edit the pages associated with their AAO work, etc.

If you are a member of a chapter or committee and would like content added to the website, please get in touch with the lead for your group.
If you are not a member of a chapter or committee, but would like to have news or event info added to the website, please feel free to contact myself or Becky.

FIN

Thank you for all of your patience regarding the website transition and content migration. Kelli, Becky and I understand that it has been frustrating not having access to a fully functional site and we can assure you that we are working very hard to get everything back to its rightful place as soon as possible.

If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

All the best,
Danielle

Address: 411 Richmond Street East, Suite 200, Toronto, ON M5A 3S5

Phone: 647-343-3334 | Email: aao@aao-archivists.ca